Tuesday 18 March 2014

Update on TTC support person program

I thought since I wrote a rant against the TTC, I should write a post when things are going well. I still have not received my 'Support Person' card but now that I am armed with a printout of the program information from their website, I feel more confident about using the honor system with the bus drivers.

On Friday, we had absolutely no problems. Both bus drivers just nodded when we got on and didn't seem confused about what we were talking about. On Monday, the first bus driver reminded me to get a card by the end of the month. He actually said "we got an email today saying you need the card by the end of the month." The TTC actually sent out information to their drivers. Yay! The second driver however seemed to have just skimmed the email as he asked me where my card was when I said that Isaiah was my support person. I replied that the paperwork was being processed and he let us on. So all in all, much improved than the last time. Everyone seems to be actually aware of the program. Yay!

2 comments:

David VanSlyke said...

I love it when a plan comes together! I'm glad this is working out for you.

Anonymous said...

I think your original email to them along with those from others really helped get things moving. Glad it worked...........