Thursday 20 March 2014

Spring is officially here!

Happy Spring! Even though I've declared it several times this month, spring is officially here. Yay! I'm just going to ignore the flurries outside.

I'm been feeling kind of blah the last few days. I'm not sure why as I don't feel like I'm getting sick and everything seemed fine at physio yesterday. I just feel unmotivated to do anything. Like I want to lay on the couch and watch mindless TV for the afternoon. So that is what I've been doing. I've been on a horrible sleep cycle the last week and I think maybe it has caught up with me. I have to get back on track!

To celebrate Spring, here is a piece I did last week of the tulips Mom bought at St. Jacobs. I used watercolour pencils so I'm not sure if I get to call it 'painting' since I coloured everything in and then used water and paintbrushes afterward. The flowers are on their last leg (I haven't had the heart to chuck them yet) so it is nice to remember when they didn't look as sickly.

Spring flowers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it. Very springy!

Unknown said...

Pretty!!

David VanSlyke said...

Nice painting, Alley! Marsha has been doing a LOT of acrylic painting this winter. It all started with a three panel painting using poplar bark from the trees from Brent's lot. She's done lily pads, several "bark tree" ones, birch trees, a hummingbird and just recently a cheery tree.

Today the sun is out here and you can feel some power in the sun. There is snow in the forecast for tonight and Thursday, but who cares? The calendar and much of the weather says it's spring and I'm going with that! Hang in there!