I thought I would review what is going to happen once I actually get to Toronto.
- We move into our new apartment.
- We find a delicious restaurant to celebrate successfully driving through the city.
- Hopefully our Internet will be connected in the next week.
- October 8th I have my 'listing' appointment where I will be 'listed' (they call it 'listed' when you are officially on the transplant list). Isaiah and I will meet with the surgeon, transplant coordinator, insurance people, and social worker that day where:
- I will be terrified by the surgeon when he tells me intricate surgery details of how he will
be slicing me open
- The transplant coordinator will tell me more about the weird side-effects of the
- The social worker will tell Isaiah to go to the group counseling sessions ( I can't go as
they don't want people with CF to be in the same area together).
- The social worker will try to get me to go on anti-anxiety meds.
- I start physiotherapy 3x/week at the hospital after being officially listed.
- We will then spend all our money at food festivals and concerts.
- I can not go further than 2 1/2 hours from the Toronto General Hospital.
- I wait for the call which could take a month or a year or two years (harass everyone you know to sign their donor cards!!!)
That's it! I'm sure I will learn more about it the actual process on October 8th.
Have a good weekend everyone!