Thursday 13 March 2014

Cupping


About a month ago, I got a set of suction cups for cupping my back. For those who don't know, cupping is when you place these cups on the muscle which creates a suction and helps loosen the muscle. That is the theory anyway. The old ones for Chinese medicine use glass cups with fire but my set uses plastic cups and a suction pump thing but I think it is better that I don't have to use fire. Knowing me, it would very dangerous, very quickly. You can learn more about it here. 

My massage therapist in Halifax used them for my back and I found they really helped along with the massage. Yes, they left me with giant circular bruises on my back but it was worth it. Since getting the cups, I've been watching youtube videos on how to best use them for my back since I don't have a massage therapist around and people make quite the claims about them. They have said that cupping will help with inflammation, increase circulation, get rid of stretch marks and scar tissue, and a host of other claims. I'm not sure about any of that but they do help with my back so that is all that matters to me.

My cupping set!
It has really good suction for being one of the the cheapest sets on Amazon.

No comments: