Monday 24 November 2014

The call!!!!!!!

I got the call!!!

Gahhhhhhh *losing my mind*!!

I can't tell you the fun story of what happened when I actually got the call as I'm writing this ahead of time in anticipation but I'm sure whatever it was, it will be exciting and I'll fill everyone in once I recover. Most likely the story will be that I was almost asleep when I got called and we leisurely called a cab to take us to the hospital. Or perhaps I will be stuck on a broken down subway car outside union station and the only way to get out will be to run down the tunnel like they do in adventure movies (except hopefully the subway car won't blow up behind us as we dramatically jump out of the way in slow motion). Either way, I'm sure it will happen a way that I could have never imagined. 

 Before you jump on a plane, there is always a possibility it may not happen so stay tuned.

Because I got the call that means that a person out there somewhere has died and a family and community has lost a loved one. Thank you person for allowing your death to mean a new start for so many other people. You are making a huge difference in someone elses life and there is not enough thanks in the world for me to give to you.
 

Edit note from Amy: Alley goes for prep tomorrow at 5 am. She is getting transferred to Toronto General at 5 am and than has a day of meds and testing, with the surgery sometime tomorrow evening. I will keep everyone posted with more news when we know!!

9 comments:

Dave VanSlyke said...

SO SO SO happy for you! Wishing you all the best during the procedure and recovery. We also thank the donor and their family for their precious gift.

Sue said...

yes - Isaiah called me and I have been alternating between excitement and nervous anxiety! God love you all! So glad your mom and dad are there ... thanks Amy for keeping us all up to speed. And the thankfullness I'm feeling to the donor and their family overflows my heart!

Anonymous said...

your post confused me so much at first.. i even called my mom about it all.. i dont even know you. i was sitting here reading the part in your book about the foal being born. hoping to wake up and find out it was not a dry run. bless your donor family

Michelle MAtta

Krista McGlinchey said...

Praying for you Alley and family. Sending lots of love from NB.

Glenn Van Agten said...

The Call! Best wishes for the operation and recovery. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks Amy for keeping us up to date.

Anonymous said...

Praying you through this AW!

Unknown said...

Prayers going out to you as you go through all the testing and the actual procedure. I also pray for the family that has given you this wonderful gift of life. Thank you Amy for keeping us posted on Alley. Big ((((hugs)))) to all

Anonymous said...

I was so Happy to hear the news this AM.
I looked heavenward and said Thank-You with tears rolling down my cheek for All of you Watson's and extended family.
As someone above said, "Bless the Donor family"

Anonymous said...

I was so Happy to hear the news this AM.
I looked heavenward and said Thank-You with tears rolling down my cheek for All of you Watson's and extended family.
As someone above said, "Bless the Donor family"