Wednesday 27 November 2013

What do you mean we are out of chips?

Isaiah is off playing board games tonight so I was left to fend for myself for supper. Since we are all out of corn chips, I couldn't cook my reliable 'go to' meal of nachos ('cook' is a bit of a stretch when it comes to nachos...'assemble' would be more appropriate). I had to get a little creative to get the same result without having to go to the grocery store.

How to make nachos without chips:


Step 1: Hope you have another grain around the house. We, thankfully, still had some bread left from the 'day old' bags we buy from a bakery in the Kensington Market. Each bag contains a random assortment of their breads. I thought the best choice for tonight from the bag was the mutli-grain baguette and pretzel baguette (highly recommended as you can see by the fact that it was already almost gone). Cut the bread or baguette in small horizontal slices.


Step 2: Make some flavouring. Oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and chili pepper for me.
Step 3: Lavish mixture on baguette slices and bake until crunchy.


Step 4: Assemble dip. Sour cream (30% M.F. is most delicious), guacamole, salsa, cheese, yellow pepper.


Step 5: Enjoy! They turned out quite well and were a good substite to chips.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks very delicious - is there enough oil on those chips?