Sunday 3 November 2013

Cooking: Jalapeno Poppers

As I have blogged very little about food for a blog that has 'Cooking' in the name, I thought I should stop slacking and have another food-themed post. Coincidentally, I actually made something interesting for supper tonight.  Jalapeno Poppers! I made a batch last weekend when friends came over for supper and had to use up the jalapenos tonight before they went bad.


Step 1: Make delicious drink for energy
Step 2: Cut and seed jalapenos (This takes the most time)
Step 3: Make bread crumbs. I find the bread makes finer crumbs if toasted first. However, burning the bread is not a good method but I did discover that our smoke detector works. I was just testing it...

Mix together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Stuff into the jalapenos halves.

Prepare bowls for batter and batter away! Bowl 1: flour, salt, pepper, garlic. Bowl 2: egg. Bowl 3: bread crumbs, paprika.
Bake for 30 minutes and enjoy! Super delicious. This batch was much less-hot than last weekend. Last weekend almost every single one was crazy spicy. Is it because the peppers were slightly bigger? Or the peppers just wanted to burn people's throats last weekend? I have no idea.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yummy!!

Unknown said...

I agree....Yummmmmmmmm.

Cheryl said...

Hmmmm....I think you have lots of potential to be a food blogger. Jalapeno Poppers next weekend for us. thanks.

Unknown said...

Oh man. I remember you made these for me a few years ago, before I'd realized my dairy allergy. How I miss them! They were SO GOOD!!!

Allison said...

I think I even wrapped them in bacon for you!