Wednesday 20 November 2013

Doctor appointments

I had a doctor appointment yesterday with the CF team. It was very boring and took 4 1/2 hours. Nothing has changed since I saw them 4 weeks ago and they want to see me again in 3 weeks. These monthly appointments are going to get old very quickly. They want to see me so frequently because 1) I am new to that hospital and 2) I am listed so they want to catch any problem asap so I can stay in the best possible health. The doctor said that sometimes people have weekly appointments when they are listed to make sure that the person stays stable. At least I'm not there yet! A 4 hour appointment every week sounds really hard on the head (and the bum...their chairs are not very comfortable). I guess I will get a lot of reading done if it comes to that...but fingers crossed for a transplant before I get to that point.

No comments: