Monday 11 November 2013

Remembrance Day.

I am so perplexed why everything is open here today.  I thought Harper made Remembrance Day a federal holiday? Apparently Ontario didn't get the message. It is such a change from the Maritimes where everything is closed today.  I felt a little weird about walking past the cenotaph ceremony happening at U of T to go to physio. However, at 11 everyone shut off the machines and had a moment of silence which made me feel a bit better.

Thank you to everyone who fought for our country in the fact of great injustice. Lest we forget.



2 comments:

Ruth B. said...

I like that schools are still open here in Ontario as all the children learn what Remembrance Day is all about and I think if everything was closed a lot of people would not be taught about the incredible sacrifices that have been made for our freedom.

Allison said...

We still did Remembrance Day ceremonies at school in NB, it just took place on Nov 10th.