Saturday 9 November 2013

Maybe the helmet-less cyclists in Toronto aren't as dumb as I thought.

It has come to my attention that perhaps everyone in Toronto is super ahead of the times and have acquired the latest technology in helmets and I was wrong to be so judgmental.

Introducing: the 'invisible' helmet. It is a stylish collar that turns into an airbag that wraps over your head upon impact. It complies with all of the EU regulations for helmets, you don't get helmet hair, and it provides 3x the shock absorption of a regular helmet! That's quite a significant improvement. 

This blows my mind and I really want to try one except that they are 400 Euros and I would probably forget to shut it off after cycling, drop it on the floor and have it inflate. Sigh. I guess I'll have to deal with helmet hair and a sweaty head for now (although not right now as I have become wimpy about cycling in the cold...I mean next summer). Plus I think you would still get a 'no helmet' ticket in the Maritimes with one of these on. 

The Swedes invent the coolest stuff.  http://www.hovding.com/en/

No comments: