Wednesday 19 November 2014

A list of updates

Just an update on everything that has happened in the last 1 and a half days;
  • There are no extra blood clots in my arms and legs. Hurray!
  • The fever remains and has knocked me out completely, so much so that they have been pumping saline into me all morning.
  • They restarted the IV antibiotics. They thought that discontinuing it might have been the cause of my fever, it was clearly not. They continue to keep me on it just to give my lungs extra support.. 
  • I can no longer do chest percussion's to clear the mucus in my lungs as the physiotherapist is worried that it was dislodge the blood clot. He told me it would take at least 6 weeks to dissolve, so in the interim I have to do these annoying breathing techniques instead.
  • I'm on the Heparin IV drip 24/7, but they have been gradually slowing it down, which means my blood levels are getting close to where they are supposed to be.
  • The TGH physiotherapist was very adamant that I return to exercise even though I'm attached to an IV poll. Her determination that I exercise despite my shortness of breath stressed me out yesterday. Today, the physiotherapist here (St. Micheals) said not to worry about it for now.
  • And finally, they think I may have the flu. I have had some muscle aches and a sore throat, they did a test but the results have not come back yet, lets hope it is negative. The last two days kept getting better and better...
Thank you for all of your emails, messages, and texts, I may take a while to respond due to the fact that all I want to do right now is sleep.


* Dictated by Allison Watson as the IV in my hand and the copious amounts of medications make it hard and painful to type.

3 comments:

nb said...

Your updates sound promising and it is great to know that you are in good hands - I mean that in more ways than one. Hugs to you both.........

Sue said...

glad you were able to dictate this blog and keep us all updated. you've been in my thoughts all week - glad to hear there were no more clots. Take care and rest...you are probably in the best place right now and in competent hands. love and hugs

Dave VanSlyke said...

Sometimes you have to take a step back before you can go ahead. I REALLY glad that they found this clot and are actively treating it. I trust that you are in good hands - rest, let the meds work and get OUT of there ASAP! Sending you many warm thoughts.