Wednesday 1 April 2015

Bike ride!

I had a day off from the hospital today so I went for a bike ride! An actual bike ride outside on an actual bike. I only made it around the small park before my body started madly protesting (including my cold ears as I did not wear the right toque) but it's more cycling than I've done in over a year. No, I don't consider all my time on the exercise bike as cycling.

The ride felt rejuvenating both for me physically and emotionally. I remembered how much I love cycling and then got super emotional that it had been so long. It made me realize that even though I've lived here for a year and a half, I haven't had the chance to explore the area. I always go to the other neighbourhoods to visit when they're having festivals or something. I never really had the chance or energy to go exploring just for the fun of it. When I realized that I now have the chance, it was fairly overwhelming. I had one of those 'why am I getting so emotional on a ten min bike ride' moments.

I did realize how much I miss my own bike which, obviously, didn't make the move up as I had no energy to ride it anywhere. It would be fantastic now though as I discovered while trying to stop for the crosswalk that the bike we are borrowing has a bit of a rust problem on the brake lines. Time to dig out more WD-40!

No comments: