Sunday 3 April 2016

CF walk for CF research

It's that time of year again where I harass everyone for fundraising money! I really hate doing this because I never support anyone elses walks or runs for other charities. So I don't really want to bug people for money as it feels really hypocritical. But if you were thinking of giving some money to the CF Foundation this year, why not give it through me and the CF walk!?

I don't need to go on about all the reasons CF is terrible. You know them if you read this blog.
But, in case you've forgotten, here are some of the reasons you should support CF research:

1) The life expectancy is terrible. It's getting better but mostly because people with 'mild' forms of CF are now being diagnosed which is pushing the rate higher.

2) The money from the walk for the CF Foundation goes mostly into research for things like new treatments, medication, and transplants. All good things that need to be researched and funded. They are making really good progress with new medication.

3) Not being able to breathe is the worst.

4) Lung transplants can be a life-saver but also a huge procedure. It would be better if people didn't have to go through it and could live longer with their regular lungs.

5) Not being able to digest food is no fun either.

That's my pitch, here are the links.

Sponsor the team!

Or sponsor just me!

Or sponsor Isaiah! (can you tell I wrote his blurb?)

Or sponsor Amy!



1 comment:

LittleM said...

Also Isaiah's goal is lofty. Makes me want to give him 14.50. Or 16. Or $4500 . Not sure which. Too funny