Those were my last in class pieces as I spent the rest of the class painting and next week will be all painting as well. This week, I barely managed to finish the leaf vase and only got the undercoat done on the goblets. The vase took way longer than I anticipated because of all the texture. The inside ended up being a bit of a lost cause as I reach many of the crevices. It will have to go somewhere in the apt where no one will can look at the inside.
Next week (the last class!) is going to be a test of time management to see if I can paint all my remaining pieces in three hours. It's not really a big deal if I can't as I can always just go to a drop in class to finish them but it would be nice if I could do it all at once.
I got my bowl and small cup back this week. I really like how they turned out.
|Waiting for the blue undercoat to dry.|
|Plate. The curved edges are an attempt to hide the fact that I can't roll out a block of clay evenly.|
|The cup on the right was used to test my colour idea for the vase so hopefully it will look about the same. It's so hard to know as the coats of paint are rarely the same thickness each time.|