Tuesday 6 May 2014

7 Months!

It's been seven months since I've been listed. I usually do a summery of the past month, but I thought instead I would mention that there is an article about me in the Globe and Mail today about the transplant process. It's in the actual paper or you can read it online. It basically describes what it's like to be on the lung transplant list and hopefully it will encourage people to sign up to be organ donors.

I'm not crazy about the headline 'life on hold' because it implies that everything I'm doing while here in Toronto isn't 'living' (which we all know isn't true) but I'll look past that because the article describes everything else really well. Plus 'women learns how to make pottery while waiting for lung transplant' isn't quite as catchy.

2 comments:

Dave VanSlyke said...

I read the Globe and Mail article (Brent posted the link) and I agree that it is well written. Here's hoping it will achieve the goal of increasing organ donation.

Anonymous said...

But did you know that you lived your life with a sword over your head!!!!