Tuesday 19 May 2015

Ottawa Pics.

We made it back from our long weekend adventure! I had a bit of a sore throat all weekend that I hope isn't going to turn into something worse. My blood work tomorrow should show if my body is fighting anything.

I was a bit nervous on Friday being away from the city encase I got a call saying to return to the hospital for anything. Thankfully, the only call I got was a friendly reminder to take my digestive enzymes with my anti-rejection meds (I already do), as they don't seem to be absorbing as much as predicted and I guess they don't want to make my dosage too high. They mentioned switching it to a lower dose but three times a day which might help but will be more annoying for me. Stupid digestive tract. A reminder that I still very much have cystic fibrosis even if my lungs are much healthier now.

Ottawa was really fun, I hadn't been there since I was a child and Isaiah had never visited so we did all the classic touristy things, ate delicious food, beat people at trivia, and spent evenings playing boardgames. All in all, a fantastic weekend.
Our feline host for the weekend.
Tulips everywhere!
Nature Museum
Dinosaur!
Pigeon skeleton at the Inside-Out Animals Bodies exhibit.
Waterfall at the MacKenzie King Estate. The hike was part of my exercise for the weekend. I should've guessed that a trail to a waterfall would be mostly a hill.
King loved putting ruins on his lawn.
He also picked up this piece of wall from Hitlers bunker after the war.
Classic Ottawa.
The unicorn is kind of terrifying.
But not as terrifying as the spider art.
Gelato sundae to cool down from the heat/humidity.
Pretty!


1 comment:

Dave VanSlyke said...

Great trip and beautiful pictures!