Monday 29 July 2013

My horrible life decisions have caught up with me.

I, like most  people, enjoy routine. I like having a reason to get up in the morning and something to do during the day. The lack of routine since not working has been the hardest thing for me. For awhile, I was able to motivate myself to get up early-ish each day and find something to do. I would go to the gym in the morning and then go on with my day. However, that motivation and willpower has been zapped from my body.

Now that I haven't been going to the gym and have no other commitments during the day, I have reverted to my early-university habits of staying up incredibly late and sleeping in until noon. I sleep in so late during the day so when I try to go to sleep at a reasonable hour at 10 or 11 (every day I vow I will break the trend), I end up staying awake until 2 or 3 reading because I'm not tired.

As a result, my eating habits have gone down the drain as I eat breakfast at noon and then supper around 6. Sure I have some snacks but it is nowhere near the 2500-3000 calories that I am suppose to be eating. Its crazy that I ate better when I had to get up for work in the morning, as I would eat breakfast, have a snack during break in the morning, eat lunch, have a snack when home from work, and supper. Now I just laze around when I do get up because I can 'eat whenever'. 

My eating and sleeping habits have gotten worse this past 2 weeks because I haven't had any early commitments to get me out of bed. Today it all seemed to catch up with me, apparently the 9 years (its been 9 years!) since my first year of university has made a difference on how horrible sleeping habits affect my body. I've felt really lethargic all day while also being incredibly hungry. My body appears to be in protest and is demanding more sleep and proper hydration/nutrition. I felt a bit better after laying on the couch all afternoon while my partner supportively brought me juice and food. However, I think one day was enough for him as he is threatening that tomorrow he will throw me out of bed if I don't get myself up before 11.   

On the plus side, I managed to finish a dishcloth. 



4 comments:

helen soucoup said...

Early morning appointments? A morning walking partner? A whip for "your partner"?

~G said...

how about dog walking..? there's a commitment.. :-) or start driving taxi, I'm sure that little town needhts at least one..(more?) :-)

~G said...

how about dog walking..? there's a commitment.. :-) or start driving taxi, I'm sure that little town needhts at least one..(more?) :-)

Allison said...

Yes, all good suggestions...Next week we are going to Yarmouth so I'm sure I"ll be getting up early there.