Thankfully, it did not turn out gross brown and it was all there (except the one piece). All but two pieces turned out almost perfect. I think I'll go to a drop in class and throw another coat on them and they'll be great.
|This is the bottom part of the french butter dish that I failed at making. I guess it's a mug now?|
|A cute little vase that I'm keeping for myself. I painted the blue underglaze and made the texture on the clay before it was fired. I love how it turned out and now I have a million ideas on how to apply that technique onto other things.|
|These golbets are from my first session. I reglazed them as the underglaze was never completely covered the first time. Plus one of them leaked. I managed to fix both of those problems this time. I still don't really like them but their better than before.|
Family: If you want Christmas to be a 100% surprise, stop looking! I'm not going to show the entire piece but I really want to show the fun textures and colours I tried. You can probably figure out what the pieces are if you really try.
|I'm going to reglaze this one. The red ended up being pink and the purple is streaky and doesn't work as well as I thought it would.|