Wednesday 29 October 2014

Discharged

I've been discharged. They really don't like to keep me very long there. My lung function has improved a bit and since I'm not symptomatic and my sputum cultures aren't showing that I'm growing anything besides the normal respiratory bugs, the doctor said she had no real argument to keep me in hospital. I'm home on oral antibiotics.

The last three days have been pretty miserable. The IV antibiotic kicked in full gear on Monday and I spent most of the time trying not to throw up. They pumped me full of anti-nausea meds so I felt a bit better yesterday afternoon/evening (the timing worked out as my visiting friend and I had opera tickets!). This morning however, it all returned.

Stupid toxic medication. Hopefully it doesn't take long to leave my system so I can go back to eating solid foods again. I have a new admiration for people going through chemo. The tempting to quit the treatment must be overwhelming when it makes you feel so much worse than the actual cancer. I was ready to call it quits after five days.

1 comment:

Dave VanSlyke said...

Sounds like good news/bad news. Cling hard to all the good news!