How to make an infinity tie scarf according to me:
- Take apart ties.
- Iron out flat.
- Sew together four (or how many you want) together, alternating the big ends.
- Sew together the sides so you have a long tube.
- Cut so the ends are even.
- While inside out, pull End A through the inside of the tube until it's lined with End B.
- Sew End A and End B together (while it's still inside out), leave about a two inch hole at the end.
- Turn rightside.
- Hand sew it closed.
- Wear with pride.
Figuring out how to sew it into a tube and still be able to turn it inside out afterward took a bit. The trick is to pull the fabric through halfway when sewing the ends together. Leave a small hole and hand sew it closed. It was a fun project. If anyone has extra ties, I'll gladly make them a fun scarf!
|The problem I ran into getting it turned inside out.|
|Don't do this while sewing the ends together. It should be like the tube shown above so it turns rightside out properly|
|Yay, I figure out the problem! And the fun elephant tie looks great.|