Wednesday 28 December 2016

Home!

I got home from the hospital last night! After they got my electrolyte levels back to normal, they still wanted me to stay to make sure my antirejection levels were ok. That meant I sat around all day so the nurse could take my blood at 3pm. I kept hearing the nurses at the desk asking things like "Is Watson still here?" and "Why is Watson still here?" as I sat in their private ICU room not connected to any monitors. It was frustrating to have to wait but important to know if my levels were ok (they were). The nurses offered me the extra molasses to take home. I said no. Someone else can keep those memories.

Now that I'm home, I'm pretty wiped. Being in the hospital is exhausting and my body is trying to recover from not eating for over a week. Probably all the trauma from all the enemas, IVs, and losing 20lb of poo in one night has also made me tired. 

I don't have much else to say but just wanted to let everyone know that I'm home and recovering. I don't have much of an appetite for all the Christmas cookies and peanut butter balls I made earlier this month but I'm sure it'll come back soon. For now I'll just keep drinking tea and munching on crackers. 
What a fun place to be for the holidays.
Replacing all my electrolytes.
My arms are completely tapped out. They gave up trying to put an IV in the last day after the medic from emerg failed several times.

No comments: