Saturday 21 December 2013

Happy Solstice!

Happy Winter Solstice!

The solstice marks the start of the traditional holiday festivities we will be missing by being here  as Isaiah's family has a solstice party every year that we usually attend. It will be my first Christmas away from home. I guess it had to happen at some point and it usually happens earlier than this for most people.

I'm actually kind of excited to see what a quiet Christmas is like without crazy amounts of cooking or driving madly back and forth from Isaiah's family to mine on Christmas Day. It will be different. But then my brother and wife are flying in Christmas Day and my parents are arriving a few days later so there will be no shortage of family around! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful! They'll get to sample some of those peanut butter balls............if there are any left..................

Allison said...

Haha not a chance! I actually think they will be gone by tonight.