Sunday 26 March 2017

Transplant Trot in one month!

I realized this morning while jogging on the treadmill that the Transplant Trot is in a month! Eeek! My knee is feeling significantly better than last month so I've been able to crosscountry ski and jog on the treadmill once again. I haven't been out downhill skiing but mostly because I'm not a fan of downhill skiing on soft spring snow. It's a lot more work and much harder on the knees.

On the treadmill I'm managing to do 5km in 45 minutes (with many walking breaks). I know that once I have to jog outside, my time will be much worse since the treadmill is much much easier than actual jogging.

I wasn't going to set a time goal for myself and just "have fun" but let's be honest, of course I'll have a goal. I need something to compete for. I'm thinking that 40-45 minutes is a reasonable goal for my 5km. I know that's slower than average time (according to google) but I do not move very fast.
I'm thinking 40 minutes because I have this idea that I'll be much more pumped up and motivated on the day of which should automatically knock a few minutes off my time (because that's how it works, right?).

Anyway, if you want to join me or just cheer me on to see if I can do it (and Isaiah doing the 10km), the run is at the Moncton Press Club on April 29th at 9:30 (run starts at 10). More info here.

Also, if you're doing your taxes and realizing you should've donated more to charity and don't want to make the same mistake next year, everyone in my family is doing the Great Strides Walk to Make CF History in May! We would all love someone to sponsor us! You can do that here if you feel so inclined.

No comments: