Sunday 17 January 2016

Cooking: Phyllo goat cheese pastries

I'm still feeling ok! The jaw pain hasn't hit me yet. Hurray! However, I have a massive blister on my foot from snowshoeing yesterday and I'm paranoid that it's going to become infected so I thought I should stay inside and out of my boots. I don't want to take any chances with my low white blood counts.

Instead of snowshoeing, I had a baking/cooking day. I made some cupcakes I had been craving and got soup ready for tomorrow evening. I also experimented with this weird goat cheese we had. It was peach pie flavoured and way more sweet than I had expected so while it was good on crackers, it wasn't being eaten fast enough for my liking. Instead of watching it go bad, I thought a dessert was in order. It helped that we also had some family stop in briefly for the afternoon who needed to be fed treats. Dessert experiments on family! Plus, how can you go wrong with goat's cheese and phllyo dough? You can't. Although next time I would probably make more pastry things with less cheese in each one.

Recipe:

Goat cheese
Phylo dough
Melted butter

Instructions:

Layer 3-4 squares of phyllo dough in muffin tin, spreading melted butter between each layer.
Insert a dollop of cheese in middle.
Pinch dough together to make a pouch, add more butter to hold together.
Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
Enjoy!

Weird cheese that was on sale.
Conveniently already in the freezer.
Layered and pinched together waiting to be baked.
Cooling.
The lone survivor.

No comments: