Friday 10 April 2015

A good long clinic day.

I had my brain MRI scan to check to see if everything is back to normal post-seizures at 5 am this morning which meant a very early start to the day.  I thought the booking person was mistaken when he kept saying '5 am' after I kept responding with 'really, 5 am?'

Apparently it could have been worse though as when I complained to the nurse practitioner, she shut me up by saying she once had one at 230am. Turns out they do the MRI scans pretty much 24 hours to cut down the waiting list. It does explain how I was able to get an appointment so soon after the neurology consult.

It wouldn't have been so bad if I could've come right home but of course I had to stay afterword for bloodwork, wound dressing change,pfts,  x-ray, physio, and clinic.

While the rest of the day was long, it was all good news from clinic. The doctor decided that while I still have some medications that need adjusted, my lungs are stable enough that I don't have to return for an entire month. A whole month! What will I do with my time!!??

Of course I still need blood work at least twice a week and regular lung function tests but less clinic days will cut back a lot of hospital waiting. Anything beats the 18 hours I spent last week at the hospital. I was starting to feel as though I had a part-time job in hospital appointments.

Today during my part-time job of hospital waiting, I remembered to take my knitting and actually managed to knit 3/4 of a toque. It was better then watching the stupid local news channel repeat the same five stories all morning. I finished it up when we got home while crashed out on the couch. It's 7:30 and I'm ready for bed. It's been a long day.

I shall dub this one my hospital hat.

1 comment:

Dave VanSlyke said...

GOOD NEWS from the HOSPITAL! That's SUPER! Her's touque you!