Thursday 18 June 2015

Cooking: Spaghetti Squash with Bean Balls

Another recipe from the Oh She Glows website that I tried was the Italian Bean Balls & Spaghetti Squash (click for recipe). I picked up fresh basil and everything even with our 'no buying more groceries' rule. The flavour was nice but they were fairly dry. I'm not sure if it was the recipe or if I baked them too long.

We basically had to smoother them with sauce (which we were trying to use up so that was okay) but it felt like we were eating a ton of sauce more than the squash bites. The recipe also made way more than we could eat, even with leftovers. I think but didn't know what to do with all the extras. Next time I would halve the recipe for the same amount of spaghetti squash as they super dried out for the second day.

I, again, used almonds instead of the walnuts and two eggs instead of the ground flax.

Baked bean balls.
They look and taste much better smothered in sauce with Parmesan cheese. The spaghetti squash was as yummy as ever.

No comments: