Wednesday 28 January 2015

Back to the hospital...

I'm back in the hospital. Boo-erns.

Monday night (3 am), I woke up with a sharp pain in my right arm. And then my entire body went numb and passed out. It was terrifying. I woke Isaiah up with my thrashing and he called 9-11 (so I'm told, I don't remember that part), and the paramedics showed up and whisked me away to the hospital.

I had another seizure while I was on the stretcher and then two more when I was in emerg. I am now back on step-down with its constant monitoring and 2:1 nursing. At least the nurses are mostly all friendly and I already know them.

The doctors don't know what caused the seizures but their best guess is that it's a side effect from one of my anti rejection meds. The doctors started me on 'anti-seizure' pills as well as the antibiotic I had been getting over the weekend in emerg. They also started me on another med to bring down my blood pressure and heart rate. All these side-effects from the medication trying to keep my body from rejecting the lungs.

While I was out of it yesterday (I slept most of yesterday), they sent me off for a CT scan and MRI. Today I had my first EEG (that I remember anyway). If you have to choose a test to do, pick the EEG. Sure they put some jelly stuff in your hair but you get a nice scalp massage to go with it. Today, I was told that the CT scan and MRI show a possible spot or something in my brain so back I went for another CT scan, this time with dyes!

I'm pretty frustrated, I had three whole wonderful days to sleep in my own bed and eat my own food. Being back in the hospital is a total drag. Although seeing as I can barely stand up without getting a head rush, I don't think I'm going to be running out of here in a few days. I'm not sure if it's still the effects from the seizure (I know my jaw still hurts where it was clenched), or maybe it's something to do with the new meds but I hope it goes away in a few days though as it's quite unpleasant. One upside of the step-down until is that I get a room all to myself. Yay no noisy roommate!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about this set back. Lots of people praying for you, Alley. You will get through this and be back to the apartment soon.
Ruth B

Dave VanSlyke said...

More downs dumped on you. Wishing you more ups. You need it. You deserve it. Get out of there as soon as you can.

judy saunders said...

Hi my name is J udy I am a friend of Marlene Knows Iles loved your book but most of all I admire your courage . I pray for you every day.