Wednesday 2 April 2014

Pottery class!

I start pottery class today!!! Yay!!!

Since I enjoyed the drop-in classes at the Gardiner Museum so much (I still have to pick up the bowls, I tried once but they weren't out of the kiln yet), I decided to sign up for a class after much convincing from my mother. I was pretty hesitant about it at first as I wasn't sure if I should commit to a 8 week program but I decided that I should just take the risk and go for it. It helped that I called the museum and I explained my situation to the very understanding women who said they would waive the strict 'no refunds or substitutions' policy for me if I get the call so I didn't need to worry about paying and then immediately getting the call. 

I was debating between 'combination tableware' and 'wheel-throwing' but by the time I decided to sign up, the wheel throwing was full. So the decision was made for me. In case you are wondering what 'combination tableware' means, the description says:
Using mainly hand-building techniques, but also some wheel-throwing, this course will focus on creating unique tableware. Suitable for beginner and intermediate students.
Deciding to sign up for the class last month has been really good for my soul (or optimism, or good-spirits, or whatever you want to call it). It has given me something to look forward too (more than the Blue Jays game) and it makes it so that if I don't get the transplant over the next 8 weeks, it is okay because it means that I won't have to worry about my pottery class.

Be prepared for a lot of pottery-related info and pics for the next 8 weeks! Yay!

No comments: