Sunday 17 February 2019

Kouchibouquac

Happy long weekend! I'm spending the weekend reading through the proof of the book to finalize all the changes and try to make sure there isn't anything I've missed - hopefully nothing too major. I've read through the book so many times that I feel like my brain just blends it all together at this point.

Last weekend, we went to Kouchibouguac for a bit of a mini vacation, rented a cabin beside the park, and went snowshoeing and rented fatbikes. There was no snow in Springhill or Moncton and we drove up in the pouring rain so we were nervous about the conditions. Thankfully, there was still snow in the park. It was a bit icy the next day after the rain but there was enough to enjoy.

The fatbikes were lighter than I had pictured them being and while it was a workout to bike in the snow, it wasn't too bad. My legs were tired but mostly because I haven't been on a bike since last summer.
Whee!
Amy sent up her camera with Mom and Dad (she wisely stayed home out of the wind) so I could take pictures while everyone else sat in the car. Dad and I went out and took some snowy star pictures after the sun went down. The advantage of winter is that you don't have to wait until 11pm for the stars to all come out, we got back to the cabin in time for Dad to catch the last of the Leafs overtime game. The disadvantage is the risk of frostbite while standing around taking the pictures. 
Eagle on the river!
Frozen ocean.

1 comment:

Sue said...

love the photos! So glad you take time for adventures and life!! thanks for sharing