Sunday 18 November 2018

Four year post transplant assessment!

We're in Toronto! Four year post-transplant assessment! For whatever reason, I'm a week earlier than the past few years which meant we flew in during the Christmas parade. The flight was a bit late which meant we missed most of the parade transit madness – we only saw a few people heading in the other direction with bright orange thunder sticks and Santa hats. I thought maybe the city wouldn't be in full festive mode but I was wrong. It's holiday madness.

We're back at our trusty B&B because I'm not confident the government will accept an AirBnb receipt for a hotel stay and this place always offers a great breakfast.

I told myself that we weren't going to spend the first night walking madly around the city, we have time and can space it out this trip. Well, we walked up Younge Street to an Ethiopian restaurant for supper and then down to the Eaton Centre in a massive loop so the “don't walk everywhere” plan lasted until we actually left the B&B.

My appointments are on Tuesday so we have tomorrow to ourselves. We have plans to wander around the Kesington market and probably Queen street and then meeting various relatives for meals. I've officially started first stage edits for my book (first of three!) so I actually have to do some work as well as I have two weeks before my editing deadline.

From what I've received, the appointments on Tuesday should be fairly straightforward. There's no bronchoscopy which is amazing and no CT scan which I care less about. I have my comprehensive blood work and lung function tests, X-ray, and a walk test. I'm not sure my walk test will be better than last year but I can't imagine I'll be much worse. I told myself on the way here that I'm not going to be as intense about the walk test this year and not worry about beating last year's numbers. I'll find out on Tuesday if I can keep up my 'be chill' attitude.

The overall plan is to eat all the types of food we can't get back in Springhill (which is everything except pub food).

No comments: