Sunday 31 December 2017

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! And Happy Birthday to meeeee!!!!! This birthday doesn't feel quite as symbolic or important as last year's big 30. It's more of a recognition that I'm doing well and am moving forward from all my medical drama. This past year is the first in about 8 years where I haven't spent a single day of it admitted in the hospital.

Onto a new year! My goals for the last year were to run a 5km and do something creative once a week. I ran the 5km but I'm not sure I actually did something creative every week. I did paint and sew way more last year than previous years so I count that as a win.

My non-exercise goal this year is to work on my calligraphy. I would like to improve my handwriting so it no longer looks like chicken scratch.

I also am going to try and do yoga every day. That may be a bit ambitious but I've been doing yoga videos for the last few months and really enjoy it. I feel better overall and I think it's improved my balance for other sports like skating and cross-country skiing.

My other exercise goals are to hike 50 trails, run five 5km (because I did one last year so why not jump to 5 this year), and cycle 750km.

2018 will be the year of activity! 

I hope everyone has a warm and wonderful New Year!


No comments: