Sunday 24 September 2017

Crafts: Allison's Cards

I've been making a lot of paper piecing fabric cards in the past few months, I mean A LOT. I started making my own designs and trying random ones I found online because it's so much fun to do. I love that I get to be creative and have a little product at the end of it. With my abundance of cards, I decided I should sell them seeing as I don't have that many friends or reasons to send cards. I set up a little Etsy shop and so far I've sold one! I realize most people don't send very many cards beyond Christmas and Birthdays! Isaiah tells me that "Thanksgiving and Halloween cards are not a thing" to which I vehemently disagree. Cards for every occasion! Plus getting fun mail makes everyone's day much better.

It's been a lot of fun and keeping me busy coming up with new designs for various occasions. I'm quite bad at taking pictures of all of the ones I do though.

Here are some of the paper piecing designs I've made over the past few months:
Autumn tree!
Meeple! For board game lovers.
Tiny Pumpkin!
Garden gnome (pattern I found online)!
Birthday Bee (pattern I found online and modified)!   

Here's the link to my Etsy store if you want to look at a few of my other designs! It's all fairly basic because I have no idea what I'm doing but the "Starting a Etsy Store for Dummies" book I got from the library will soon change all that!

1 comment:

Dave said...

Your cards are very special, Alley. Here's wishing you every success with your new business adventure.