Wednesday 26 June 2013

Newfoundland

I"m back from vacation! It was a fabulous time, we saw whales, icebergs, and puffins (oh my!). I didn't get to knit as much as I thought as the roads were windy and my stomach is not a fan of my moving while trying to focus on other tasks. Thankfully we had some audiobooks, a ton of CBC podcasts (Thanks Q and Vinyl Cafe!), and the soundtrack from Les Miserable (The Broadway version) that got us through our crazy marathon drives sanely.

I love Newfoundland, it is gorgeous and wild. I also really enjoyed St. Pierre, I didn't really know what to expect as I had never talked to anyone who had been there. It was somewhere I had also thought would be fun to go and since I"m so unsure about the future,  I better get in all the things I've always wanted to do while I still have the chance. I took a small oxygen tank over with me which was good as I was able to use it after our day of walking around in the town. The town was not as touristy as I had feared and it was very french. We both got to practice our french immersion French. I pretty much forget all of my vocabulary which was especially noticeable when I had to read the menu and tried to decipher what 'leeks' and 'buckwheat crepes' is in French.

Where do we go?





Probably contained a pound of butter per pastry. My dietitian would be proud. 


All in all it was a very successful trip and we had pretty much perfect weather considering it was Newfoundland. It rained a few days but those were the days when we weren't camping so it wasn't a huge deal.

Hurray vacations!

The wind almost blew us back off the hill.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hurray for a great vacation with you!

Allison said...

Hurray!!