Sunday 1 October 2017

Urg a cold.

Happy October! I hope everyone is enjoying the crisp fall weather and the smell of dust burning off the elements as the heat turns on for the first time in months (or is that just my house?).

After working for three days in a row last week, I have developed a terrible cold. I don't think it was the actual work that made me sick but the increased exposure to people. More people means more germs. More germs means one sick Allison.

I seem to always have a bit of a freak out when I get a cold over if it's going to lead to pneumonia or rejection and how I'm now going to die from a stupid cold. I realize it's a overreaction but because there is a remote chance it could happen, I can't stop myself.

I spent the past few days drinking tea, napping, and reading books and now the cold has turned into a dry, irritating cough. A cough that wakes me up at 2 a.m. to remind me of the good times I had with my old lungs. I even had to prop myself up on pillows to sleep. So 2013.

Anyway, I hope this better all be gone by next week because Amy, Mom, and I are off to Ireland for a week and I don't want to be that sniffling person on the plane.

No comments: