Monday 16 March 2020

Thank you to everyone who has been checking up on me during the outbreak.
I'm off from work right now for the foreseeable future. While Isaiah is still working, he's in a small office and hoping to work from home at least 50% of the time.
My doctor has told me that being post-transplant and a diabetic, I'm more immunocompromised than their general population of people with cystic fibrosis (which is already high risk) so I need to do everything I can to avoid the virus. I'm a bit anxious mentally when I read about people still going out to social gatherings or to pubs and restaurants. Breaks from the news and social media helps but I also compulsively like to know what is happening.
I've have so many hobbies to keep me busy at home from all the time I've spent laying low before and after my transplant and during chemo. And social distancing doesn't mean having to avoid nature. I just have to avoid the lodges.
Everyone has read all the stats and most people will get through this healthy. But staying home is about more than "getting through this." It's about keeping the vulnerable (me!) safe and not overwhelming our health care system. Our health care system that has people treated in the hallways on the best days. It'll break in seconds if we're not careful.
Be safe and wash those hands. ❤️

No comments: