Sunday 10 March 2019

Five Feet Apart Movie

A lot of people have been asking me what I think about the new movie Five Feet Apart, about two teens with CF falling in love. The girl likes to control everything she can around her CF and the boy is all about living carefree. They are hospitalized at the same time and fall in love. But they can't be within six feet from each other due to the risk of cross contamination. Will love conquer all!?

I haven't seen the movie or read the book so don't have an opinion on the movie or book itself but I think that it's beneficial for CF awareness to have a popular teen movie in theatres. If people are more aware of what CF is, and are willing to help financially with CF research, I'm all for it.

I know some people are upset about people with CF being only portrayed as 'tragic' with people spending all their time in the hospital but that's what happens with there is only one mainstream movie about people with CF. It's not possible to tell everyone's story in one movie or one book.

If anyone has seen the movie or read the book, I would love your opinion on it!


No comments: