Sunday 15 July 2018

Not Since Moses Run

We did the Not Since Moses Run today! We camped at the 5 Island campground last night so we didn't have to drive so far in the morning.

Campsite!
S'mores to build up my strength for the run!
The run was a muddy mess but a lot of fun. We just walked the 5km and jogged for about 1 min before it turned into a mud fest. Isaiah had some system of run-skating on the mud but I found that as long as I didn't stop moving I was fine. The second I stopped to do anything, I was up to my ankles in mud.


An enjoyable part was destroying the sneakers that I wore during my pre and post transplant process. I got them right before I moved to Toronto and wore them every physiotherapy session for the year plus before my transplant and during the long recovery. I had long since replaced them but they sat in the basement for just a challenge like this.And now they're a muddy ruined mess! It's very satisfying.
Isaiah wondering how he got into this mess. 
Everyone who can run through mud faster than me
The end!

No comments: