Monday 23 June 2014

Cooking: More Crackers, Almond Crackers.

I made more crackers and they turned out just as well as last time. I cooked them all on stoneware and it seems to be the trick in having them crisp evenly.

I made a third of the original recipe and for this batch, I added about 1/4 cup of almonds as I can always use more calories and protein in my food. Plus they are delicious. I ground the almonds with the magic bullet and added them to the dry ingredients (the flour and salt). I think I like this batch better than my first one. I bet almond spinach would be good as well. I wonder what other flavor combinations I could try. Any ideas?



The magic bullet is surprisingly good at grinding up food.
A sample of the end result that turned into my lunch. Yum!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peanut butter!

Allison said...

Oooh good idea, I do have a thing of almond butter that was left here from Mom and Dads visit. I bet it would taste good in cracker form.

Faith said...

Red pepper flakes... or nutritional yeast & chili powder... I've heard of putting kale in as well! I have a recipe somewhere that uses poppy seeds & sesame seeds.