Wednesday 11 December 2013

Book Clock

Last year for Christmas, I made a 'book clock' for my sister. She was confused when she opened it as she thought it was the actual book and didn't understand why it wouldn't open but I think it ultimately won her over (If you are bothered by old books being cut up, you should stop reading). I thought it was time I shared it with you as you prepare for the holidays. Homemade gifts are the best!

My test attempt. Not too bad but the clock part was wide so the book wouldn't close
(Mom got this version for the school library).
The book pre-crafting.
I use an exacto knife to cut a hole in the pages. Used modpodge to glue all the pages together once the clock fit comfortably and covered the damage with some parts of a page. After I punched a hole in the cover with a pen for the clock bits to fit, I duct taped the clock to the back of the book and stuck the hands back on. The cover was a bit thick so the hands initially had trouble moving but I after I bent them upward slightly, they worked. 
Cover the mess in the front with a nice circle of text and Voila! One book-clock ready for any book lover.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And it proudly rest on my bookcase!