Friday 6 September 2013

Baking with freezer food: Rhubarb-Sunberry Mascarpone Oversized Tart

The cooking with random food from the cupboard and freezer has begun! We don't really have room to move a bunch of food so we better get creative with our next month of meals. 

This dessert is for a get-together tonight. The initial inspiration recipe was a Blueberry Mascarpone Tart.


Sunberries from the garden (I didn't cook the leaf)


Frozen rhubarb. We have so much frozen rhubarb to use. Rhubarb flavoured everything!


Pie crust from the depths of the freezer. 
 
...so it slightly overcooked as it went from soggy to overcooked in the span of one minute.
Sunberry-Rhubarb sauce boiled down and thickened with a bit of cornstarch and sweetened with sugar. 
Whipped cream and Mascarpone Cheese sweetened with some icing sugar and 'tarted' (is that a word?) with some lemon juice. I had bought the mascarpone cheese thinking I would make Tiramisu but obviously I never got around to it as it was still in the freezer.
I layered it up once everything was cool.Can't wait to try it tonight!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Aaannd...I totally forgot it at my parents fridge. At least it was delicious the next day!