Thursday 22 August 2013

Social Psychology

I decided to do two more Coursera courses despite all my misgivings with the last one. One is 'Social Psychology' where I am suppose to learn
"... an introduction to classic and contemporary social psychology, covering topics such as decision making, persuasion, group behavior, personal attraction, and factors that promote health and well-being". 
And the second being  "Learn to Program: The Fundamentals" which
"introduces the fundamental building blocks of programming and teaches you how to write fun and useful programs using the Python language."
I think the programming one is going to be the hardest seeing as I already have a degree in Psychology and I don't know anything about how to write programs or the 'Python language' (I'm not a Slytherin! *Hehehe*). However, social psychology was only really covered for a few chapters in first year of psych class so I think that class will be super interesting too.

Both courses started while I was in Yarmouth (I have bad timing) where I had no Internet so I am already 2 weeks behind the video and readings. That is about right on par with all of my other university courses.

I know I should be looking for apartments or packing but I still have more than a month and sometimes it is nice to learn something new.

Yay learning!

2 comments:

~G said...

yay! I'm doing social psych too.. as well ass the guitar one you did in the spring.. mostly with that one I'm just downloading the videos.. :) but aside from the cheesy instructor social psych is fun! its what I was looking into before I got, ahem, sidetracked. :-)

Allison said...

The psych prof loves his video animations doesn't he? It is a lot of content, good thing I don't have much else to do.